Thursday, December 3, 2009

The sea is calling.


*Pictures were taken with a Nikon D8O or an Olympus IRsomething.

Just in need of a vacation.

I was born in the state of sandy beaches, rolling waves and coconuts. My family drives back to Terengganu a few times a year to visit my grandparents and spend time in the village. We go to the beach with my cousins (I have 11!) and have a picnic or BBQ there most of the time. We usually make the journey around this time of the year.

This secluded beach is only 15 mins away from my grandparents' home and known mostly to locals. It's like having your own private beach.

Pulau Perhentian is one of the best islands in Terengganu to go snorkeling and scuba diving. I love it here, the fishes and corals are beautiful.

We loike turdles!

The beach we frequent has a turtle sanctuary, and if you're lucky (or come in a large group with money to pay them) you get to release baby turtles into the sea. My little cousin had a plan to kidnap this one and keep it as a pet. The plan failed. Never trust 8 year olds with making diabolical plans involving cute animals.

We stay till the sun goes down
(or until one of the adults get bored and want to leave).

Good vibrations to all.
C:

1 comments:

Anna Patricia said...

This is really beautiful... I'm from the Philippines and I miss tropical paradise :'(